Spinach and Ricotto Chicken Breast with creamy ugali and mushroom sauce
Recipe serves: 1
- Cooking time
- Chicken filling
- ½ an onion, chopped
- Clove of garlic, chopped
- ½ bunch spinach, blanched, chopped
- Hand full raisins
- 30 g peanuts, lightly crushed
- Little bread crumbs
- 1 tsp. royco
- 2 ½ tbsp. ricotta cheese
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Creamy ugali
- 400 ml milk
- 50 ml coconut milk
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1 sprig rosemary, chopped
- 160 g maize flour
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 80 grams button mushrooms
- 100 ml chicken stock
- 30 ml cream
- Heat some oil in a pan and saute the onion and garlic. Add in the spinach and toss for around 3 minutes. Add the royco and cook for a further 2 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the saute spinach together with the rest of the spinach ingredients. Mix well and set aside.
- Make a cavity incision cut through the chicken breast right in the center from the thickest point forming a pocket.
- Stuff the breast with the spinach mixture well. You can use a piping bag for this. Season the breast well with salt and pepper.
- Heat a 1 tbsp. of oil in a medium hot pan and sear the chicken until golden brown on both sides. Finish cooking in a pre-heated oven until the meat is cooked. Be careful not to overcook it.
- Once cooked, remove from the oven and allow to rest.
- In the same pan, add the butter and then the mushrooms. Cook until brown then add the chicken stock.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat. Simmer until the sauce begins to thicken. Add the cream and simmer to a semi thick consistency. Whisk in the butter and adjust seasoning.
- In another pan, bring the milk and the coconut milk to a boil. Seasonwith the salt. Add in the rosemary and then the maize flour. Mix well with a whisk to avoid lumping.
- Reduce the heat and cook to a semi thick liquid. When done, finish off with butter. Set aside and keep warm.
- Serve ugali on a clean plate. Slice the chicken and present on top of the ugali. Drizzle the sauce all round and serve hot.