Herb Crusted Beef Tenderloin with Gorgonzola Mushroom Sauce, Baby Vegetables and Rapee Potatoes
Recipe serves: 1
- Cooking time
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- Hand full Parsley, thyme, rosemary
- Salt and fresh black pepper
- Drizzle of olive oil
- 1 ½ tsp. Royco
- 80 g button mushrooms, quartered
- 3 – 4 rashers beef bacon
- 1 clove garlic
- Half a small onion, quartered
- 2 tbsp. Gorgonzola cheese, crumbed
- ¼ cup fresh double cream
- Royco, salt and black pepper
- 2 tbsp. oil
- Rapee potatoes
- 1 whole potato, peeled, grated finely
- 1 whole egg, beaten
- 2 – 3 tbsp. fresh cream
- 3 sprigs Fresh thyme
- Salt and pepper
- Baby vegetables
- Baby carrots
- Baby zucchini
- Baby corn
- In a pan, heat some oil and throw in the mushrooms, roughly cut bacon, whole garlic, and onion. Allow to brown under medium high heat.
- Later put in the royco, black pepper, and the cream. Simmer for about 5 minutes. Strain the mixture and discard the mixture. Place the liquid back into a pan and bring back to boil.
- Reduce the heat, add the gorgonzola cheese and allow the sauce to thicken stirring occasionally. Once thick, check the seasoning and adjust accordingly. Toss in a little butter and keep covered.
- In a large enough bowl, mix all the potato ingredients together. (Making sure you squeeze and excess water from the grated potato).
- Heat a good amount of oil in a pan or fryer. Take small teaspoon scoops of the potato mixture and deep fry until golden brown. The egg should help keep each scoop together like a spiky ball.
- Take out and place on absorbent paper to drain any excess oil. Set aside and keep warm.
- Put the fresh herbs, royco, salt, pepper and olive oil into a blender and blend into a fine mixture.
- Season your trimmed tenderloin with salt and pepper. Pan sear on a hot pan to an even brown color.
- Remove from the pan, spread the mustard all round and roll the tenderloin in the herb mixture. Coat well. Finish cooking in a pre-heated oven at 180 degrees for about 10 minutes.
- Set aside and allow to rest.
- Blanch the carrot in boiling water then put into ice cold water. Cut the zucchini and the baby corn into half lengthwise.
- Heat a grill pan to very hot. Add a little oil, and grill the vegetables until on both side. Season with salt and pepper and take out of the heat.
- Re-heat the sauce, cut the rested tenderloin and assemble everything onto a clean plate.