Pan Seared Salmon with a Citrus Berry Salad
Recipe serves: 1
- Cooking time
- Black Pepper
- Puff Pastry
- Egg wash
- Half orange zest
- Drizzle of olive oil
- Hand full of strawberries
- Orange segments from one orange
- Roquette lettuce
- 2 sprigs fresh mint
- 4 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. strawberry pulp
- Drops of lemon juice
- Black pepper
- Honey and Royco
- Mix lemon juice, orange zest and Royco together. Season the salmon in with salt and pepper.
- In a hot pan, put some oil, and pan sear the salmon on the skin side. Reduce the heat and allow to cook slowly through. Flip over, pour in the citrus mixture and allow to cook in the oven to medium doneness.
- In a clean bowl, place in the strawberry pulp, lemon juice, black pepper, honey and Royco.
- Whisk in the olive oil until the mixture thickens lightly. Season with little salt.
- Wash and cut the strawberries into halves. Mix together with orange segments, roquette and fresh mint.
- Place the rested salmon on a plate. Top with the dressed salad. Pour the pan juices on top of the salmon. Serve immediately.