Lamb Kidney Pie
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- Half an onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- Lamb kidney, cut to bite sizes
- Fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- Few drops of Worchester sauce
- 50 ml stout beer
- 30g button mushrooms, quartered
- 20g carrots, diced
- 20g sugar snaps
- 1 tbsp. chopped parsley
- Royco Mchuzi Mix
- Heat some oil in a large pot. Add the kidney. Season the kidney with salt and black pepper and allow it to brown. Add the onion and garlic and cook for a further 2 minutes
- Add the mushroom, thyme, bay leaf and Royco Mchuzi Mix. Stir for a few seconds then add the Worcester sauce and the stout. Cover and cook for about ten minutes then add in the carrot and sugar snaps. Cook for a further 5 minutes or until the liquid is thickened.
- Finish off with parsley and then adjust seasoning.
- Place the mixture into an oven proof dish, making sure to take out the bay leaf.Fill just to the top.
- Roll out the puff pastry to about 2mm thick. Cover the dish to just a bit more than the size of the dish. Pinch the edges together around the dish and make a incision cut in the centre to let air out.
- Brush the puff pastry with the egg wash which will give the crust a shiny glaze.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180 degrees for about 7-10 minutes or until the pastry is cooked and golden brown.
- Serve immediately