Royco Tomato Sauce Served with Ugali
- Recipe serves: 4
- Preparation time 30 min
- Cooking time 15 min
- 2 Tbsp. (30 ml) of margarine
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 8 ripe tomatoes, blended
- 1 Tbsp. (15 ml) of Royco Beef Mchuzi mix
- 1 cup (250 ml) of water
- 1 tsp. (5 ml) of dried basil
- 1 tsp. (5 ml) of dried thyme
- 1 tsp. (5 ml) of paprika
- 2 Tbsp. (30 ml) of white vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. (30 ml) of sugar
- 1/2 tsp. (2,5 ml) of salt
- 1 tsp. (5 ml) of black pepper
- Serve with: Ugali
- Melt the margarine in a pan and add the onions. Cook the onions, stirring constantly until soft.
- Add the garlic and cook until the aroma presents, then add blended tomatoes. Stir and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer until reduced and dark red.
- Add the water, Royco Mchuzi mix, basil, thyme and paprika. Stir and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the vinegar, sugar, salt and black pepper. Stir on a low heat until the sugar dissolves.
- Serve with ugali or another starch dish of your choice. This sauce also works well in a variety of different pasta recipes.