Marinated Fish Fillet with Coconut Crust
- Recipe serves: 2
- Preparation time 15 min
- Cooking time 20 min
- 2 pieces of fish fillets
- 1 large onion, roughly chopped
- 2 sticks of celery, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp. (5 ml) of Royco Mchuzi Mix
- Juice and zest of 2 limes
- Salt to taste
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups of desiccated coconut
- 4 Tbsp. (60 ml) of oil for shallow frying
- 1 packet of Knorr Three Cheese Sauce
- 1 small bunch of parsley, finely chopped
- Wash the fish fillets while pressing down with your fingers to check for any pin bones. If there are bones present, pull them out with tweezers. Pat dry with a clean piece of kitchen towel.
- Place the onion, celery, as well as the juice and zest of the limes into a blender. Process into a chunky paste. Place inside a bowl and add the Royco Mchuzi Mix. Mix well.
- Season the fillets with salt. Brush both sides of each fillet generously with the blended mixture and place in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- Break and whisk the eggs into a separate bowl. Drain the fillets of excess marinade and dip first in the egg, then in desiccated coconut, ensuring a thorough coating of both.
- Heat the shallow frying oil in a wide, non- stick pan. Fry the fillets on a medium heat for five minutes on both sides until lightly golden. To check for readiness, flake the fish with a fork. If it flakes easily and the meat is white, the fish is ready.
- Meanwhile, prepare the three cheese sauce according to the instructions on the packet. Add chopped parsley and stir. Serve the sauce in small bowls.
- Serve the fish hot with rice and spinach or with a salad. Drizzle the sauce onto each serving.
- For more fish recipes that are as delicious as they are simple to make, click here.