Avocado Salad Scoops
Recipe serves: 5
- Cooking time
- 5 hard-ripe avocados
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 large Tbsp. margarine
- 3 onions, finely cubed
- 3 garlic cloves, finely grated
- 2 green peppers, finely cubed
- 3 tomatoes, deseeded and finely cubed
- 1 cup of sweet corn, drained
- 2 Royco Beef Cubes
- Salt to taste
- Wash and cut the avocados lengthways. Remove the pips and make deep slits into cubes, being careful not to bruise the skin. Sprinkle with lemon juice and set aside.
- Melt the margarine in a pan and add the onions and garlic. Cook until soft and add the remaining vegetables. Crush in the Royco Beef Cubes and cook on high heat for 5 minutes, mixing consistently.
- Season with salt. Next, arrange the cut avocados on a platter. While they are still hot from the pan, scoop 3 tablespoons of the vegetables and place into the avocados.
- Serve the dish on its own as a light meal or with toasted bread.
- For more interesting salad recipes like this one, click here.