Sweet Githeri Surprise
Recipe serves: 4
- Cooking time
- 3 Tbsp. (45 ml) of cooking oil
- 3 cups (360 g) of boiled beans
- 2 cups (240 g) of boiled young maize
- 1 Tbsp. (15 ml)of curry powder
- 2 tsp. (10 ml)of Royco Mchuzi Mix (beef variant)
- 1 cup (250 ml) of orange juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 Tbsp. of grated orange rind
- Salt to taste
- Heat the cooking oil in a pan and, once hot, add the beans, maize and curry powder. Stir and cook on a high heat for 5 minutes.
- Mix the Royco Mchuzi Mix with the orange juice and add to the pan. Stir well and allow to simmer until the liquid reduces. Next, add the grated orange rind and salt to taste. Stir and allow to simmer for a further 3 minutes.
- Serve hot.