Recipe serves: 6
150 including marinating min
- Cooking time
- 4 Royco Chicken Cubes
- 1 rabbit, cut into pieces
- Salt and freshly crushed black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. (30 ml) Blueband margarine or butter
- 4 large onions, thinly chopped
- 1 cup apple juice
- ½ cup water
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) dried marjoram
- ½ cup whole cream
- 3 Tbsp. (45 ml) finely chopped coriander
- Place rabbit pieces on a tray. Crush chicken cubes and rub over the meat.
- Season with salt and pepper. Cover and set aside for 2 hours to marinate.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in the pan. Add onions and cook until golden brown and crunchy. Remove from pan with a slotted spoon, retaining the oil. Set the onions aside until ready to garnish.
- Drain marinade from rabbit pieces, pat dry and place in the same pan.
- Fry the meat, turning occasionally until browned. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add the apple juice, water and marjoram. Scrape and stir to remove any stuck bits. Bring to a boil.
- Return the rabbit to the pan. Stir. Cover and reduce the heat to a simmer. Cook for 45 minutes or until the meat is fall-off-the-bone tender.
- Add the cream and coriander. Stir gently. Simmer for 3 minutes.
- Serve on a platter and sprinkle generously with crunchy onions.