Simple Mixed Vegetable Stew
Recipe serves: 6
- Cooking time
- 2 Tbsp. (30 ml) of oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 3 tomatoes, pureed
- 3 carrots, finely cubed
- 1 tsp. (5 ml)of turmeric
- 2 cups (150 g) of boiled garden peas
- 1 large green pepper
- 1 large yellow pepper
- 2 tsp. (10 ml)of Royco Mchuzi Mix (chicken variant)
- Salt to taste
- 1 small bunch of dhania, chopped
- Heat the oil in a pan. Add the onions and cook until browned.
- Add the tomato puree, carrots and turmeric. Cook until dark red and saucy.
- Add the peas, as well as the green and yellow peppers. Sprinkle in the Royco Mchuzi Mix and season with salt. Add the water and simmer for 20 minutes or until a thick stew remains.
- Finally, add the chopped coriander and mix well. Serve hot with rice or chapati.