Beef Stew with Oomph!
- Recipe serves: 8
- Preparation time 20 min
- Cooking time 40 min
- 1 Tbsp. (15 ml) coconut oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 kg beef, chopped into large chunks
- 2 red chillies, chopped (optional)
- 1 tsp. (5 ml) ground cumin
- 1 tsp. (5 ml) ground coriander
- ½ cup of freshly grated coconut
- 2 Tbsp. (30 ml) Royco mchuzi mix (beef flavour)
- 1 cup of plain yogurt
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup of boiled garden peas
- Heat the coconut oil. Add onions and cook until deep, golden brown.
- Add the beef. Cook until all of the water evaporates. Continue to cook, turning occasionally until the meat is slightly crunchy on the edges.
- Add chillies, cumin, coriander and half of the grated coconut. Stir. Simmer for 3 minutes.
- Mix the Royco Mchuzi Mix and yogurt in a bowl. Pour into the meat. Season with salt. Simmer on low heat for 5 minutes.
- Scatter the boiled peas and give it a quick stir. Serve and sprinkle with the remaining grated coconut.
- Serve with rice or bread.