Pasta With Tomato and Mince Sauce
Recipe serves: 4
- Cooking time
- 500 g beef mince
- 4 Tbsp. (60 ml) oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 can (425 g) of chopped tomato
- 2 Royco Beef Cubes, dissolved in 1 cup of boiling water
- 2 Tbsp. (30 ml) tomato paste
- 2 tsp (10 ml) sugar
- Robertsons Atlantic Sea Salt and Robertsons Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1 tsp. (5 ml) Robertsons Mixed Herbs
- 500 g pasta of your choice
- Grated cheese to serve (optional)
- Add some oil to a large saucepan, brown the mince in batches whilst breaking up any lumps.
- Remove the mince from the pan and fry the chopped onion until soft and then return the meat.
- Add the tomatoes and water with the Royco Beef Cubes and stir frequently to prevent sticking.
- Add the tomato paste, sugar, pepper and some salt to taste. Simmer the sauce for about 40 minutes.
- If the sauce becomes too dry, add a little water. Stir in the dried mixed herbs a few minutes before the sauce is done.
- Crammed with delicious flavour and a mouth-watering aroma, this mince recipe is sure to become one of your favourite dinner ideas. For more easy dinner recipes, click here.