Curried Neck With Cheesy Dumplings
- Recipe serves: 4 to 6
- Preparation time 20 min
- Cooking time 90 min
- 750 g lamb neck
- 1 Tbsp. (15 ml) cooking oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. (30 ml) curry powder
- 2 cups (500 ml) hot water
- 2 Knorr Beef Stock Cubes 2 Tbsp. (30 ml) vinegar
- 2 cups (500 ml) frozen mixed vegetables
- Dumpling Ingredients
- 1 cup (250 ml) self-raising flour
- ½ tsp (2,5 ml) Knorr Cheesy Aromat
- ¼ cup (60 ml) BlueBand Margarine
- ½ cup (125 ml) grated cheese (optional)
- ¼ cup (60 ml) cold water
- Heat the oil and brown the lamb in a large pot.
- Add the onion and the curry powder and fry until golden brown.
- Add the hot water, stock cubes and vinegar.
- Cover and allow to simmer for about 1 hour or until the meat is tender. Add extra water if needed.
- For the Dumplings: Mix the flour and Aromat together.
- Rub the margarine into the mixture until it resembles breadcrumbs. Add the cheese.
- Add cold water to form a soft dough.
- Stir the vegetables into the stew and then drop spoonfuls of dumpling mixture on top. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes without removing the lid.
- Serve this delicious dish with rice, samp or yam. For more delicious recipes, click here.