Beef And Stout Stew
Recipe serves: 6
- Cooking time
- 1 kg brisket, cubed
- 1 Tbsp. (15 ml) cooking oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 tsp (5 ml) Robertsons Black Pepper
- 1 tsp (5 ml) Robertsons Mixed Herbs
- 1 tsp (5 ml) sugar
- 2 Tbsp. (30 ml) vinegar
- 340 ml stout or beer
- 2 cups (500 ml) water
- 1 Knorr Beef stock cube
- 2 cups (500 ml) frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 packet Knorr Rich Oxtail Soup Powder
- Brown the meat in heated oil, add the sliced onion and fry for a few minutes.
- Add pepper, mixed herbs and sugar.
- Heat vinegar, beer and water. Add the stock cube and pour the mixture over meat.
- Reduce the heat to medium, cover and simmer for 1 - 2 hours.
- Add the mixed vegetables and simmer until the meat is tender.
- Lastly, stir in the Knorr Oxtail Soup to thicken the sauce. Simmer for 5 minutes. Serve with rice or mash.
- Not only is this meal delicious, it is also nutritious. For more hearty meals and tasty recipes, click here.