Tasty Matumbo Stew
- Recipe serves: 6
- Preparation time 10 min
- Cooking time 10 min
- 1kg Matumbo (Washed)
- 1 Onion(Sliced)
- 3-4 Garlic cloves(Sliced)
- 30ml Oil
- 1 Green,1 Yellow,1 Red Coloured Peppers-(Sliced)
- 2 Large Tomatoes(Chopped)
- Robertsons thyme
- 2 Tbsp Royco
- Cook the matumbo whole for about 3 hours or until soft to your liking by simmering in water.
- When cooked, cool the matumbo and cut into your desired shape and size. It’s easier to cut them to a uniform size when cooked whole.
- In a suitable sufuria, fry the onion and garlic until slightly brown.
- Add the tomatoes and cook until soft adding little water if the mixture starts sticking to the surface.
- Add the knorr beef cubes and allow to melt for a few seconds before mixing into the tomato mix.
- Add the peppers and cook for 1 minute, then the cooked matumbo which you should also mix into the mixture.
- Add hot water and allow to simmer the food for 3 minutes.
- Dissolve the royco in cold water before pouring into the simmering stew. Cook for a further 2 minutes to allow the gravy to thicken.
- Serve hot with rice or ugali with a side of greens.