Coconut Njahi Curry
- Recipe serves: 4
- Preparation time 10 min
- Cooking time 15 min
- 1/2kg Boiled Njahi
- 2 Medium Onion(Finely Sliced)
- 3 cloves Garlic(Chopped)
- 1cm size piece Root Ginger(Chopped) 3 tbsp Curry powder
- 2 Tomatoes(diced small)
- 2 tbsp Royco Mchuzi Mix
- 1cup Diced Carrots/Courgette
- 1 cup Diced Mixed Peppers(optional)
- 1/2 cup Coconut Cream
- Using a suitable pot, fry the onion and ginger on medium heat with . The goal is to make the onion brown slowly.
- As the onion and ginger starts to brown, add the chopped garlic. Keep stirring to avoid the onion from burning and to cook evenly. The heat at this point should be on low to avoid burning.
- Add the curry powder when the onion has browned, stir then cook while stirring for about a minute.
- When nice and browned, add the tomatoes and cook till broken down/crushed adding a little water to aid the tomato cook. Cover and cook for about 1-2 minutes.
- Add the precooked vegetables and peppers, mix into the thick sauce, add a little water to make the sauce a little lighter then add the coconut milk.
- Add the njahi and stir gently until fully mixed. Add more water or coconut cream to desired taste and cover to allow to simmer. Dissolve the Royco Mchuzi Mix in cold water then pour into the njahi and allow to simmer for about 3 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, add the chopped dhania, mix and serve with rice or chapati.