Fried Cabbage with Royco Beef Cube
- Recipe serves: 3
- Preparation time 15 min
- Cooking time 8 min
- 1/2 Cabbage(sliced thin)
- 1 Onion(cut into long strips)
- 1 Tomato(cut into small dices/strips)
- 2 small Carrots(grated)
- 1 Green pepper(cut into small dices/strips)
- 2 Royco Beef cubes
- Mix all the cut vegetables except the onion in a large bowl and ensure they are evenly mixed.
- In a suitable sufuria, cook the onion with minimal oil until soft but not brown. This should take about 1minute under medium heat.
- Add the cabbage mixture and stir into the onion and allow to cook while covered for 2 minutes.
- Stir again and by this time the cabbage will have started steaming in its own water.
- Using your fingers, crumble the Royco Beef Cube into the cabbage mixture and stir.
- Continue cooking while covered for a further 3 minutes or until the cabbage is cooked with a bright green colour. Take care not to allow to dry out and start burning.
- Serve hot as a side dish or with ugali and little meat.