Dried Fried Gizzards
Recipe serves: 4
- Cooking time
- 500gm Chicken gizzards(cubed)
- 1 large Onion(Diced small)
- 1 Tomato(Diced small)
- 2 Tbsp Oil
- Freshly ground Robertson Black Pepper
- Aromat Per Peri
- In a suitable pot on high heat, heat up the oil and when hot, add the gizzards and onion to cook with the aim to evenly browned on all sides.
- When the gizzards are browned, reduce the heat, add a little water and cover the pot and allow to cook for 4-5 minutes.
- After the 4 minutes, remove the lid and increase the heat to get the gizzards browning again.
- When the liquid is dried up, add the chopped tomatoes and allow to cook while uncovered until the tomatoes are soft. Add little water to avoid the tomato from sticking to the pot.
- Grind some of the black pepper to your taste.
- Finally add the chopped dhania, stir and turn off the heat.
- Serve hot with ugali and a portion of greens and sprinkle some more aromat peri peri to give the dish some extra flavour.