King ranch chicken
- Recipe serves: 12
- Preparation time 20 min
- Cooking time 60 min
- 4 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (10 3/4-oz.) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 3/4-oz.) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10-oz.) can diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 12 (6-inch) fajita-size corn tortillas
- 2 cups (8 oz.) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 Royco cubes
- Stir together first 8 ingredients.
- Tear tortillas into 1-inch pieces; layer one-third of tortilla pieces in a lightly greased 6-qt. slow cooker.
- Top with one-third of chicken mixture and 2/3 cup cheese.
- Repeat layers twice.