- Recipe serves: 4
- Preparation time 15 min
- Cooking time 60 min
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 4 cups tomato-basil pasta sauce
- 2 1/2 cups (10 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 6 uncooked lasagna noodles
- ¼ cup hot water
- 425g container ricotta cheese
- Cook beef in a large skillet over medium heat, stirring until it crumbles and is no longer pink; drain. Stir in pasta sauce.
- Spread one-third of meat sauce in a lightly greased 11- x 7-inch baking dish; layer with 3 noodles and half each of ricotta cheese and mozzarella cheese. (The ricotta cheese layers will be thin.)
- Repeat procedure; spread remaining one-third of meat sauce over mozzarella cheese.
- Slowly pour 1/4 cup hot water around inside edge of dish.
- Tightly cover baking dish with 2 layers of heavy-duty aluminum foil.
- Bake at 375 for 45 minutes; uncover and bake 10 more minutes.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.