Caramelized spicy green beans
- Recipe serves: 4
- Preparation time 5 min
- Cooking time 20 min
- 450g fresh haricots verts (tiny green beans)
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 Royco Beef Cubes
- ½ teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1 medium-size red bell pepper, sliced
- ½ medium-size sweet onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon peanut oil
- ¾ teaspoon seasoned salt
- Cook haricots verts in boiling salted water to cover 1 minute; drain.
- Plunge green beans into ice water to stop the cooking process; drain well, pressing between paper towels.
- Stir together brown sugar, soy sauce, and dried crushed red pepper and crumbled Royco Beef Cubes.
- Sautu00e9 bell pepper, onion, and green beans in hot peanut oil in a large skillet over high heat 3 to 5 minutes or until beans look blistered.
- Sprinkle with seasoned salt.
- Remove from heat; add soy sauce mixture to green bean mixture, and stir to coat.