Baked potato soup
- Recipe serves: 2
- Preparation time 20 min
- Cooking time 20 min
- ¼ cup butter
- ½ cup chopped sweet onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 Royco Beef Cubes
- 700g potatoes, mashed
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2-teaspoon pepper
- Cooked and crumbled bacon,
- Shredded sharp Cheddar cheese,
- Sliced green onions
- Melt butter in a Dutch oven over medium heat; add onion and garlic, and cook, stirring often, 5 to 10 minutes or until golden.
- Sprinkle onion mixture with flour, and stir until coated.
- Stir in Royco Beef Cubes and 3 cups water. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring often.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, microwave potatoes according to package directions.
- (Do not add butter or milk.) Stir potatoes, milk, and pepper into onion mixture.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes or until thickened.
- Serve with desired toppings.
- The Sandwich: Combine 1/4 cup mayonnaise; 2 Tbsp. reduced-fat refrigerated pesto sauce; and 1/3 lb. peeled, cooked, and chopped shrimp.
- Spoon onto 6 toasted French bread slices.
- Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 400 for 10 minutes or until browned and bubbly.