Irio(mashed peas and potato mix)
- Recipe serves: 6
- 2 cups green peas
- 700g Potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 tsp Salt
- Water -- to cover
- 2 cups Corn, fresh or frozen
- 2 Royco Beef Cubes
- Place the peas and potatoes in a large saucepan and add water to cover.
- Stir in the salt and place over medium flame.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are cooked through.
- Drain, reserving the liquid.
- Add Royco Beef Cubes, let it Simmer with the corn with a little salted water in a separate saucepan for a few minutes while the potatoes and peas are cooking.
- Mash the potatoes and peas together with a potato masher or put through a ricer to form a pale green puree Stir in the corn with a little of the reserved liquid and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve hot.
- Add a little butter to the final dish for a little more flavor if you like.