BEEF STIR FRY
- Recipe serves: 4
- Preparation time 25 min
- Cooking time 10 min
- 2 teaspoons corn flour trimmed
- 1-tablespoon mirin or 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1-teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 400g rump steak / 400 g sirloin steaks
- 1-tablespoon peanut oil / 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove,
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger crushed,
- 200 g broccoli florets finely chopped /200 g snow peas (mix or match the greens)
- 1-cup green beans
- ¼ cup water
- 3 Royco Beef Cubes
- In a medium bowl add 'marinade ingredients' (corn flour, Royco Beef Cubes Beef Cubes, mirin or dry sherry, sesame oil and reduced sodium soy sauce) and mix well.
- Add the meat to the bowl and mix, making ensure all the slices are evenly coated. Set aside for 15 minutes so the beef could absorb the flavors.
- Heat wok or fry pan, add oil, heat and add onion, garlic and ginger cook until soft but not browned.
- Add thinly sliced beef with the marinade and cook over a high heat for 3 minutes.
- Add the greens of your choice (example broccoli, Chinese broccoli, snow peas) and beans.
- Add water to the wok and mix scrapping the sauce on the bottom of the wok.
- Cook until the vegetables are just tender but retain their vibrant green color (approximately 4 minutes)